Effective membrane filtration for the protection against waterborne bacteria in manual endoscope reprocessing.
Preventing bacterial nosocominal infectious diseases caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Legionella pneumophila, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia or Staphylococcus aureus among immunosuppressed and immunocompromised patients.
- Safe water hygiene
- Quick and easy installation
- Reusable product with reprocessing and delivery service
The Germlyser® G is specially used for manual final rinsing of endoscopes. This reusable water filter is a point-of-use, sterile filter with a 0.2 μm hollow-fibre membrane which displays retention of at least 7 log units1, thereby offering reliable protection of patients from infections by all critical water-borne germs such as legionella, pseudomonas, staphylococci or stenotrophomonas over a service life of up to 4 weeks and depending on the respective water quality. The chemical composition of the water is not altered.
The hygienic design and the use of bacteriostatic material in the housing and bactericidal material at the filter outlet prevent retrograde contamination incurred by splash water or physical contact. On expiry of the service life, the respective filter must be changed and returned for reprocessing. This filter change is easy to complete thanks to installation of the appropriate quick-release coupling.
An individual product marking on each filter guarantees traceability and facilitates the documentation process within the framework of hospital hygiene procedures.
Germlyser® G is available as CE-marked medical device.
- Size: L 77 mm x Ø 55 mm
- Retention: 7 log steps B. diminuta
- Pore size: 0.2 µm
- Operating time*: up to 4 weeks/1 month
- Adaption: Quick-release coupling
- Chlorine resistance**: 400,000 ppm hours
- Flow rate: Adjustable up to 6 l/min at 5 bar, at 25 °C
- Maximum operating pressure***: 5 bar at 60 °C
- Pressure resistance of the membrane: up to 8 bar
- Maximum operating temperature: 60 °C (at 70 °C <10 min. over operating time)
- Connection: Quick-release coupling
As the operating time increases, the water quality can impact on the maximum available flow rate.
1 Measured in accordance with the international ASTM F838-15a standard - Standard Test Method for Determining Bacterial Retention of Membrane Filters Utilized for Liquid Filtration.
* The operating time can be increased up to 2 month if sufficient hygienic measures exist and an adequate hygiene plan is carried out. We recommend monitoring by appropriate clinical microbiological testing. ** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection. *** The Germlyser® G is not suitable for connection to low-pressure systems (e.g. boilers).
Reprocessing and delivery service
Germlyser® G is a high quality, reusable product which is available to customers at a rental rate. The filter can be used immediately after filter installation. The customer will receive reprocessed filters for exchange before the operating time of the previous filter has elapsed. The quick-release coupling makes the exchange of the filter quick and easy.
The used filters are picked up by the logistic partner and returned to Aqua free service centre. Each filter is reprocessed at the service centre according to RKI recommendations.
Similar to a subscription service, Aqua free service concept is safe and simple.