Prevention of bacterial nosocomial infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Legionella pneumophila, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia and Staphylococcus aureus in newborns and women in labour.
- For use in birthing tubs sold as CE marked medical devices
- Safe water hygiene
- High constant flow rates over the entire service life
- Reusable product with reprocessing and delivery service
The Germlyser® WG inline hollow-fibre filter is specially used in inlets of birthing pools.
This reusable water filter is an inline, sterile filter with a 0.2 μm hollow-fibre membrane which displays retention of at least 7 log units1. Thereby offering reliable protection of patients from infections by all critical water-borne germs such as legionella, pseudomonas, staphylococci or stenotrophomonas over a service life of up to 4 weeks and depending on the respective water quality.
The chemical composition of the water is not altered. The hygienic design and the use of bacteriostatic material in the housing prevents retrograde contamination incurred by splash water or physical contact.
On expiry of the service life, the respective filter must be changed and returned for reprocessing. This filter change is easy to complete thanks to installation of the appropriate quick-release adapters.
An individual product marking on the product packaging guarantees traceability and facilitates the documentation process within the framework of hospital hygiene procedures.
1 Measured in accordance with the international ASTM F838-15a standard - Standard Test Method for Determining Bacterial Retention of Membrane Filters Utilized for Liquid Filtration
- Dimensions: L 206 mm x Ø 43 mm
- Retention: 7 log steps B. diminuta
- Pore size: 0.2 µm
- Operating time*: up to 1 month
- Chlorine resistance**:≤ 10 ppm
- Flow rate: 20 l/min at 5 bar, at 25 °C
- Maximum operating pressure: 5 bar at 60 °C
- Maximum operating temperature: 60 °C (at 70 °C ≤ 30 min. over operating time)
- Connection: Quick-release coupling
Depending on the water quality, the values can change with increasing operating time.
* The operating time can be increased up to 8 weeks if sufficient hygienic measures exist and an adequate hygiene plan is carried out. We recommend monitoring by appropriate clinical microbiological testing.
** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection.
Reprocessing and delivery service
The Aqua free Germlyser® reusable filter system offers customers a safe, environmentally friendly and efficient alternative to single-use filters. Aqua free manage the logistics of delivery and return of filters – which is included in the rental rate of the filters – reducing inventory costs and administration.
All filters are reprocessed by Aqua free using a validated process and following strict quality standards. Quick-release couplings allow filters to be safely changed in seconds and barcodes, identifying filter and location, ensure simple logging and documentation of the whole change process.
Aqua free reusable filters deliver a significant reduction in waste and carbon footprint compared to single-use filters.