Preventing bacterial nosocominal infectious diseases caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Legionella pneumophila, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia or Staphylococcus aureus among immunosuppressed and immunocompromised patients.
- Effective protection against waterborne pathogens
- Sterile filtration for reliable water hygiene
- High flow rate
- Operating time of up to 1 month
- Quick-release coupling for easy filter change
The Baclyser® WA hollow-fibre filter, is specially used in inlets for mechanical reprocessing of medical products such as the RDG-E. This disposable water filter is an inline, sterile filter with a 0.2 μm hollow-fibre membrane which displays retention of at least 7 log units1, thereby offering reliable protection of patients from infections by all critical water-borne germs such as legionella, pseudomonas, staphylococci or stenotrophomonas over a service life of up to 1 month and depending on the respective water quality. The chemical composition of the water is not altered.
The hygienic design and the use of bacteriostatic material in the housing at the filter outlet prevents retrograde contamination incurred by splash water or physical contact. On expiry of the service life, the respective filter must be changed and disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner via material recycling. This filter change is easy to complete thanks to installation of the appropriate quick-release adapters.
An individual product marking on the product packaging guarantees traceability and facilitates the documentation process within the framework of hospital hygiene procedures.
1 Measured in accordance with the international ASTM F838-15a standard - Standard Test Method for Determining Bacterial Retention of Membrane Filters Utilized for Liquid Filtration.
- Size: L 150 mm x ø 61 mm
- Bacteria retention: 7 log steps, B. diminuta
- Pore size: 0,2 μm (microfiltration)
- Operating time*: up to 1 month
- Chlorine resistance**: ≤ 10 ppm
- Flow rate: 22 l/min (initially, at 5 bar and 20 °C)
- Max. operating pressure: 5 bar
- Operating temperature***: ≤ 40 °C
- Connection: Quick-release Coupling
* The operating timedepends on user-specific water quality, pressure conditions, frequency of use and the flow-through rate required. ** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection. *** Application with higher temperatures only after consultation with Aqua free.