Preventing bacterial nosocominal infectious diseases caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Legionella pneumophila, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia or Staphylococcus aureus among immunosuppressed and immunocompromised patients.
- Safe protection against waterborne bacteria
- Available in 3 service lifes: up to 1 month, 2 months or 3 months
- Hygienic design to avoid retrograde contamination
- Narrow construction depth (51 mm – TL version)
- Offset Outlet for more flexibility
Baclyser® TL / TR
The Baclyser® TL/TR is a point-of-use, hollow-fibre tap filter. This disposable water filter is a sterile filter with a 0.2 μm hollow-fibre membrane which displays retention of at least 7 log units1, thereby offering reliable protection of patients from infections by all critical water-borne germs such as legionella, pseudomonas, staphylococci or stenotrophomonas. The protection lasts over a service life of up to 4, 8 or 12 weeks, depending on the requested service life and the respective water quality.
The chemical composition of the water is not altered. The hygienic design and the use of bacteriostatic material in the housing and bactericidal material at the filter outlet prevent retrograde contamination incurred by splash water or physical contact.
On expiry of the service life, the respective filter must be changed and disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner via material recycling. This filter change is easy to complete thanks to installation of the appropriate adapter arms.
An individual product marking on each filter guarantees traceability and facilitates the documentation process within the framework of hospital hygiene procedures.
1 Measured in accordance with the international ASTM F838-15a standard - Standard Test Method for Determining Bacterial Retention of Membrane Filters Utilized for Liquid Filtration.
- Dimensions: L 105 mm, Ø 44 mm
H 51 mm (Baclyser® TL version)
H 60 mm (Baclyser® TR version)
- Bacteria retention: 7 log steps, B. diminuta
- Pore size: 0.2 μm
- Operating time*: up to 1 month, 2 months or 3 months (31, 62 or 9 days)
- Chlorine resistance**: ≤ 10 ppm
- Flow rate: 10 l/min (at 5 bar, at 30 °C)
- Max. operating pressure***: 5 bar
- Max. operating temperature: 60 °C (70 °C ≤ 30 min. over the operating time)
- Connection: Quick-release coupling
* Depending on the water quality.
** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1 h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection.
*** Not suitable for connection to low-pressure systems (e.g. boilers).