Point-of-use hollow fibre membrane filter for shower
Effective membrane filtration for the protection of immunodeficient patients against waterborne bacteria
- Safe water hygiene
- Operating time up to 2 months
- CE-marked medical device
- Environmentally friendly and efficient reusable product
Germlyser® D, point-of-use hollow fibre membrane filter is a CE-marked medical device. The 0.2 μm hollow fibre membrane removes all waterborne bacteria without altering the chemical composition of the water in any way. All aspects of the Germlyser® D construction has been carefully designed to minimize the potential for infection. This prevents the potential for retrograde contamination from splash back or patient/staff contact. Furthermore, the shower rose of Germlyser® D is silver plated, which provides additional protection against retrograde contamination. Due to its unique features, Germlyser® D delivers a constant high flow rate of bacteria-free water over its entire operating time and effectively protects high-risk/intensive care patients against nosocomial infections caused by water associated bacteria.
- Size: L 206 mm x Ø 43 mm
- Retention: 7 log steps Brev. dim.
- Pore size: 0.2 μm
- Operating time*: upt to 2 months
- Chlorine retention**: ≤ 10 ppm
- Minimum flow rate: 12 l/min at 5 bar, at 25°C
- Max. operating pressure***: 5 bar at 60°C
- Max. operating temperature: 60°C (at 70°C < 10 min. over operating time)
- Connection: Quick-release coupling
* Depending on the water quality.
** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection.
*** The Germlyser® D is not suitable for connection to low-pressure systems (e.g. boilers).
As the operating time increases, the water quality can impact on the maximum available flow rate. For further information regarding technical data, instructions for use and our accessory catalogue please do not hesitate to contact us.