- Safe protection against waterborne bacteria
- CE-marked medical device
- Operating time of up to 3 months
- Hygienic design to avoid retrograde contamination
- MetalSkin Medical® – highly effective and stable bactericidal coating
The Baclyser® S (3M) point-of-use water filter is a CE-marked medical product. It is a disposable shower head enclosing a hollow fibre membrane water filter with a proven retention efficiency of 7 Log steps for Brevundimonas diminuta (the smallest water bacterium). This complies with the FDA definition of sterile filtrated water. Thus, all waterborne bacteria such as Pseudomonas and Legionella are blocked by the filter. Additionally the shower head has been hygienically designed using material with bactericidal properties (shower rose coated with copper-polymer matrix) to help prevent retrograde contamination. The filter is designed to deliver a consistent bacteriological performance at the design flow rate for the up to 3-months dependent on water quality. On expiry of the operating time, the used shower head should be changed and disposed of responsibly. The shower head can be easily changed thanks to its G½ʺ screw thread. The individual product labelling on each shower head provides traceability and supports the hospitals documentation processes and hygiene routines.
- Size: L 220 mm, Ø 44 mm
- Bacteria retention: 7 log steps, Brev. diminuta
- Pore size: 0.2 μm
- Operating time*: max. 3 months (93 days)
- Chlorine resistance**: ≤ 10 ppm
- Flow rate: 10 l/min (at 5 bar, at 30 °C)
- Max. operating pressure***: 5 bar
- Max. operating temperature: 60°C (70 °C ≤ 30 min. over the operating time)
- Connection: G½ʺ screw thread
* Depending on the water quality.
** Continuous dosage of ≤ 10 ppm over operating time; short-term (1 h) high dosage (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection.
*** Not suitable for connection to low-pressure systems (e.g. boilers).