AS TUBE and Cartridge MF5
Inline hollow fibre membrane filter cartridge system
Effective protection against waterborne bacteria
- Sterile filtration
- AS TUBE Elegant stainless steel housing
- Robust filter cartridge system
- Simply, elegant design
- Cartridge MF5 – hollow fibre membrane filter with high flowrate and flow volume
The AS TUBE in-line filtration system comprises of a high quality stainless steel filter housing and the sterile filtration Cartridge MF5 providing an adaptable, effective barrier against waterborne bacteria for both hot and cold water systems. The Cartridge MF5 is equipped with a hollow fibre filter membrane ensuring 7 Log reduction of Brevundimonas diminuta. This corresponds with the FDA definition of sterile filtered water and provides the guarantee that the filter holds back all waterborne pathogens such as pseudomonas and Legionella bacteria which may be present in the water system. Additionally, filtration does not alter the chemical composition of the water in any way.
AS TUBE Housing
- Dimensions: Ø 60.3 mm x 157 mm
- Weight: 1070 g
- Material: Stainless steel AISI 304
- Connection: Inflow: G½“ internal thread with retaining nut; Outflow: G½“ external thread
- Dimensions: Ø 49.5 mm x 100.2 mm
- Retention: LRV ≥ 7 (Brev. dim.)
- Pore size: 0,2 μm microfiltration
- Flow volume* (guide value): 13.000 l
- Chlorine resistance**: ≤ 10ppm
- Max. Flow rate: 25 l/min
- Max. operating pressure: 5 bar
- Max. operating temperature***: 60° C (≤ 30 min. at 70°C over the period of use)
* The value is given as a guide. It was determined using water from the public water supply at a flow rate of at least 10 l/min and a pressure of 5 bar. The user-specific water quality, the water pressure and the flow rate required all affect the flow volume and the filter’s period of use.
** Continual addition of ≤ 10ppm during the service life, or short-term (1h) high levels (400,000 ppm) for chemical disinfection.
*** Use at high temperatures only after prior consultation with Aqua free.
The AS TUBE housing can be easily and quickly installed either in-line in existing pipework or directly to a manifold via the G1/2” threaded connections. At the end of its service life the Cartridge MF5 can be quickly changed while leaving the housing in position saving time, money and protecting the environment.
The AS TUBE system provides an adaptable solution for many applications including:
- Fitting directly to a shower manifold where the use of a pointof- use filter is not practical.
- Fitting in industrial environments and commercial kitchens where the hard wearing, robust, stainless steel housing protects the filter from environmental influences.
- Fitting in visible areas where the simple, elegant design sits in harmony with existing sanitary ware.